In this episode of Help I Got A Mac, Chris and I discuss the following:
- New iMacs are released: http://goo.gl/lxN1
- Microsoft’s Quarterly Profit Falls Below Apple’s for First Time in 20 Years
- iOS 4.3.3 update released today: http://goo.gl/z7dCa
- Game – Order And Chaos $6.99 – 99 cents a month or six months for $3
- ClooudApp – http://getcloudapp.com
- The Daily – Lost 10 Million!!!!
Also, in this episode, we talk about the first real Mac malware attack in the wild. Here are some steps that you may want to consider:
1. To ensure you do not automatically download the app, uncheck the following: Safari > Preferences > General > uncheck “Open ‘safe’ files after downloading.”
2. Searching for the application and deleting it directly may fail, saying the app is in use. To stop it running, check Activity Monitor (in Applications > Utilities) and disable anything that relates to MacDefender.
3. Look in /Library/StartupItems and, same place, LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons for references to the malware app.
4. Once quit, head to the Applications folder and drag the MacDefender app to the trash, then delete trash.
5. To ensure all references to the app are cleared, run a search using Spotlight and delete all MacDefender references you find.
We want to invite you to give us a call with your Mac related questions! Call us at 859-795-4067 or send an audio file with your question.