Podcast: Play in new window
This episode of the Community Voice Podcast is the recording for our first gspn.tv Community Conference Call for 2011. The main topic of the call is our goals and plans for 2011. We plan to have these community calls once a month. To see a list of scheduled gspn.tv community events, be sure to check out http://gspncommunity.com/events.
In this call, we talked with the following people:
Jenn Davis – http://goo.gl/67Q7w
Byron Friday – http://goo.gl/q2skw
Edith Baker – http://goo.gl/CoT3p
Rob Williams – http://goo.gl/nfiOy
David Doufour – http://goo.gl/MIKa9
Maggie Mack – http://goo.gl/b248T
Kylie Mac – http://goo.gl/LMdQ1
Mike aka MediaCastGuy – http://goo.gl/xReUu
Kim Landwehr – http://goo.gl/UMF4H
Bruce Turner – http://goo.gl/XP32b
Karen Richard – No Link Yet. :)
Thanks For Subscribing To The Community Voice Podcast:
Podcast: Play in new window
Benefits I’ve Noticed From Reading God’s Word Daily
In this episode of the Almost Daily Devotional, I share my thoughts on what it’s been like to actually wake up early every single morning and make reading God’s Word the first thing I do each day, for an entire month.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND that I’m not sharing this information to show off on just how spiritual I am. In fact, in the episode, I openly admit that I’ve neglected spending time alone with God a majority of my Christian life.
What Reading God’s Word Daily Hasn’t Done For Me:
- It hasn’t magically overhauled my prayer life.
- It hasn’t magically taken away all my fears and anxiety over God’s provision.
- It hasn’t magically fixed my schedule.
- It hasn’t magically given me self discipline to stay focused on work tasks and to get in my daily physical activity.
- Reading God’s Word Daily for one month does have it’s benefits, but I want to point out that simply reading God’s Word daily for on month isn’t going to fix every aspect of our life.
What Reading God’s Word Daily Has Done For Me:
- It’s helping to reignite a desire to have a more fervent prayer life.
- It’s helped remind me that I NEED TO not be so fearful and anxious and that I Should Trust God’s provision for my every need. (Matthew 6:33)
- It’s helped me discover that I don’t have enough margin in my schedule and is inspiring me to make necessary changes.
- It’s helped me to realize that I need to be more disciplined and focused. I want to be a good steward of the resource of time that God has given me.
- It’s helped me to put God first and to see just how far out of whack my priorities have been.
- It’s helped give me a desire to spend more time with my wife and kids and less time working on my business. (I’m a workaholic)
- I am LESS stressed than I was before.
- I’m more easy going.
- I am more reverent and respectful of God.
- I am more aware of God’s ever-presence.
- I’ve been able to resist sins that used to easily entangle me.
Tips on what has helped me in reading God’s Word Daily:
- I tried reading from a different translation that was different from what I use when I study the Bible.
- I didn’t get too hung up on the things that I didn’t understand.
- I didn’t follow a “Bible Reading Plan” though I’m not against them.
- I started reading in Romans and went through Revelations
- I then started John, and then will read Matthew, Mark, Luke, & Acts
Verses that help encourage the reading of God’s Word:
- Psalm 119:11 – I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
- John 8:31-32 – Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- Joshua 1:8 – Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
- Matthew 4:4 – ‘People do not live by bread alone,but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’
- Romans 15:4 – And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 – All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
If you enjoy this content, would you consider supporting the content and community of gspn.tv by becoming a gspn.tv Plus Member? Visit http://gspn.tv/plus for details.
Thanks For Subscribing To The Almost Daily Devotional:
Update: Click Here For Interview
Okay, so I am so excited about the news that I am about to share with you. Many of you know that I am reading Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure and it is completely “reshaping” my life. The principles that she lists in her book are not just for weight-loss. They can be applied to any goal or change you want to achieve.
Here are some of the ways the book is changing my life. First, I am remembering that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I am being reminded that when I put Him first and seek to fill my spirit with His word and teachings that my desires (especially those for food) will come in line with His desires for my life.
On Friday Feb 4th at 5pm Cliff and I have the incredible honor of interviewing Candance on a special episode of Family From the Heart. Once again we owe a debt of gratitude to our sponsor, Mardel.com.
We will not be recording Family From the Heart during our normal time slot on Thursday time slot this week. We will be broadcasting the interview live on our site at http://gspn.tv/live, this Friday, at 5 pm est.
I know that several ladies from our community have been inspired to purchase this book based upon the things that I’ve shared. As you’re reading the book this week, if you come up with any questions or comments that you would like to communicate to Candace, I would like to invite you to call them in to our voicemail feedback hotline at 859-795-4067. Please try to keep questions and comments to 60 seconds or less. We will attempt to include as many of the community’s calls as possible.
We hope you’ll be able to join us as we broadcast the interview live. If you are planning to attend, please let us know by giving us your RSVP on the gspn.tv community site.