In this episode of Pursuing A Balanced Life, I share many additional things that have been on my mind lately. I share the many tasks and projects that I am balancing while also trying to keep my focus on my goal of weighing less than 200lbs before the end of this year.
If you were to listen to this episode, you will learn how much weight I’ve lost in the first two days of having an intense focus on my goal. You’ll learn how I did when faced with the temptation of Popcorn at the movie theatre and dinner at a Pizza place with the family afterward. You’ll also learn how I set up my daily calorie budget breaking it down by meal/snack.
Also in this episode, I share the fear and anxiety that I am currently experiencing as I am approaching my first paid speaking gig. I find myself asking what I was thinking when I chose to create a goal to become a Keynote speaker that is meant to set the tone for an entire conference.
I’m become very proud of the fact that I take steps so large that they create a good deal of FEAR when I go to take action. It is when I step out of my comfort zone that I find myself most relying on God to help me grow to a new level of success.
When I recorded the episode, I hadn’t looked up the quotes on Fear that I wanted to share. However, here are a few that help me as I move forward.
- In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. – Bill Cosby
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. – Nelson Mandela
- Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. – Dale Carnegie
- Fear: False Evidence Appearing Real. – Unknown
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not. – Virgil Thomson
- Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic. – Unknown
I wrap up the episode by sharing the many things that are on my plate that need to be balanced delicately while attempting to maintain the margin I’ve worked so hard to include in my day to day life.
I hope that you enjoy the episode!