Virtual Assistant Podcast
A First Look At Hiring An Offshore VA
In this episode, I take a call from Brent who asked about the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a Virtual Assistant from outside the United States. Since my own experience in hiring a Virtual Assistant is limited to hiring a domestic VA, I sought out a person to interview that could give me a greater understanding of some of the issues related to hiring a Virtual Assistant from outside the United States.
I will say that my interview with Gilbert Ballow, VP of Business Development for StaffVirtual.com, really helped give me a broader perspective on the topic at hand.
In this interview, the following topics are addressed:
* What is the difference between a Virtual Assistant and a Virtual Specialist?
* What is Labor Arbitrage and how does it apply to my business?
* The benefits of having a virtual assistant that works after normal business hours.
* The service based work ethic in other countries in contrast to that in the States.
* What about speaking good English?
* What about security of sensitive financial information and passwords?
* Does hiring an offshore VA hurt the US economy?
* What type of work can a virtual assistant who lives outside the US do for my business?
* What sort of pricing are we looking at when we consider an offshore VA?
Special thanks to Contemporary VA for sponsoring this podcast. This is the firm I, personally, use for my own business. I would not have had the time to produce this show without it making financial sense for me to do so. Their sponsorship has made this show possible. If you get a chance, thank them in any creative way you can think of. If you desire, this is the link to their contact page.
Call in your questions on our voicemail hotline at 859-795-4067. Or use your voice memo application on your iPhone to record feedback or questions. Simply email it to [email protected].
Know someone else who needs to hire a VA? Send them an note with a link to http://VirtualAssistantPodcast.com.