Fred Firestine is a husband and father of two, originally from Canada now living in Long Island. Fred started off in tech support before becoming a programmer and later moving up to systems administration in his compnay.
Fred talks about how calorie counting among other things helped him lose weight. Stephanie and Fred mention the highs and lows of home schooling.
Fred’s hobbies include singing in the church choir, Health and fitness , Internet and social media, blogging, and playing around with technology.
Some interesting facts about Fred:
- He speaks French
- He owns a pretty big collection of Jules Verne novels
- As a young teen, did a “radio show” recorded to casette tapes, along with a friend, in which they played Top 40 music from LPs and pretended to be DJs.
- In high school, he was a “glee club” nerd (they called it “choir”)
- In college he was also in the choir, and his wife-to-be hung out in the auditorium
- Fred has lived on Long Island for longer than he has been anywhere else, because his family moved several times in his childhood/teen years.