Threat 2 – The Performance Trap!
Accepting someone based upon their performance. “You do your part, and I'll do mine.”
+ This leads to a problem in only giving affection when one feels it is DESERVED.
+ This leads us into a trap where action is solely based upon how one “feels.”
* The performance trap can cause a marriage to “Self Destruct!” Why?
+ Our inability to meet unreal expectations.
+ The fact that it is impossible to know that my spouse has met me halfway.
+ Disappointment in my spouse will paralyze my own performance.
+ And believe it or not, this can lead to a desire to “get revenge” when you have been wronged.
The Performance Trap will only lead a married couple down a path toward isolation!
Here are the links mentioned from Faith McQuinn:
Faith's Editing Reel:
Faith's short film titled “Wedlock”
Some other stuff from faith can be found here…
48 Days to the Work You Love! by Dan Miller
(On My Wish List)
Dan Miller writes:
“I have spent over 20 years consulting and coaching people, leading them to career & life fulfillment. The principles in 48 Days To The Work You Love materials have been developed and tested in the framework of that personal coaching.
In this 48 Days To The Work You Love book , you will learn how to:
* Discover your God-given and perhaps buried talents
* Take those talents and create a clear focus
* Embrace the “gift” of meaningful work
* Experience the absolute release that comes from finding your passion
* Understand the differences between “vocation,” “career,” and “job”
* Learn from the shared life stories of those already living the 48 Days principles
* Go through defeat and “failure” and come back twice as strong
* Find job possibilities that never appear in the newspaper or online
* Make $1,000 a minute by negotiating your offer
* Turn your own ideas into extraordinary income
* Decide whether you want a “traditional job” or one of the new work models
* Recognize the only kind of “education” that has value
* Build up your assets , even while unemployed
* Find your IDEAL WORK – and LOVE it!
Prepare to have your world rocked as Dan uncovers and lays out what is wrong with “work” in today’s world. What has changed and why people are sacrificing their spiritual and physical health to daily jobs that have no meaning in their lives. And…the path to a true, meaningful, fulfilling and life-rewarding “Vocation.”
This book is being touted as one of those rare insights in “such a time as this,” that could very well revolutionize work and career-life as we know it.”
Call us on our listener line at 859-795-4057 and let us know what you think. Or you can leave some written feedback about this in our Generally Speaking Listener Forum.