In this episode I share some more thoughts on my blog post about where I was invited to speak at BlogWorld & New Media Expo NYC. If you live in the NYC area, I hope that you will consider joining me for a special meetup I’m planning for Monday, May 23rd. For more details of the meetup, please click here
The Podcasting Formula For Success:
I probably should have edited the part where I tried to read the bio of one of my Podcasting A to Z students in this episode. However, I hope that the value found in the formula that I share from those who I have seen experience similar success to what I’ve experience through podcasting.
The formula was:
- Introduce yourself to your audience. Be Authentic and relateable.
- Share what you know with your audience for the purpose of improving their lives.
- Share what you are learning as you continue your journey.
- Become the “can’t live without” source of information and inspiration in your niche field.
- Become a sought after consultant, coach, speaker, etc.
- Create passive income through informational products that are far more valuable than what you charge.
- Prepare to be amazed at the opportunities that follow.
Things I mentioned that fuel the success of the formula above:
- Self Discipline
- Support of spouse if married.
Questions covered in this episode:
- Mark asked if it is normal for the gain to be turned up so high when using a Heil PR-40 microphone.
- Kirk asked which sample rate and recording settings he should use on his recorder.
- Shawn Roberts asked if I had some thoughts on an issue he’s having with Feedburner.
- Link to blog post mentioned by Shawn J. Roberts – http://goo.gl/KFhTe
- Santos asked about using the LAME encoder in Audacity and how I recommend using iTunes.
- Link to post on tagging – http://PodcastAnswerMan.com/tagging
- Mark asked why I don’t record into multiple tracks and simply use digital recorder as a backup.
- Danny asked about editing a .wav file imported multiple times in Adobe Audition CS5.5.
Podcasting A to Z Update
I am very delighted to tell you that the Podcasting A to Z podcasting class did get fully booked. To be sure that I have plenty of time to promote the next course, I’ll be doing the Podcasting A to Z course again in July. It will be a five week course which will begin on Monday, July 11tth. If you are interested in signing up with a special early bird pricing discount, please email me at [email protected].
PODCAST CONSULTING: I'm available for one on one podcast consulting and coaching. Whether you want someone to get everything set up for you or you just need a little help along the way, I'd love to work with you. I'm able to demonstrate using screen sharing technology during our call which makes it just like I was there sitting next to you at the computer. If you are interested, email me at [email protected] or call me at 859-757-1399.